They already figured out that the leaking intensified with use of the bathtub.
It did not take much time to figure out that the drain was the culprit.
Exposing the drain was not easy as the contractor had enclosed everything with concrete. We had to carefully remove the concrete without damaging the acrylic tub.
What we found was ridiculous! The pipe was completely dislocated. There was no trap. And the wrong connection was used.
We installed a higher quality drain and overflow. We added extra sealant as well. When it comes to tubs and waterproofing we like to double things up. Obviously we added a trap and installed the piping with 45 degree elbows and proper gradient.
If you're unsure that your contractor is getting the job done right, we recommend calling in a professional plumber to inspect the system BEFORE closing things up!